FOR PROJECT MANAGERS
– David Livermore
Author: Leading with Cultural Intelligence: The New Secret to Success
INTRODUCTIONImagine our workplace today. Most of us work in a multicultural project organization. Our project team members may have different cultural backgrounds. We may deal with stakeholders from other countries, such as suppliers, customers, contractors, etc. Miscommunication may lead to conflicts, low productivity, or even project failure. Thus, the ability to connect with others and work effectively in multicultural situations is a critical competency to survive and thrive in today’s highly competitive global project environment. Experts call this ability as Cultural intelligence (CQ). CQ is a learnable and teachable skill. This 2 parts workshop will provide your solid theoretical foundation and practical application to APPLY CQ to enhance your ability to perform in a multicultural project. Your facilitator has decades of working experience in Multicultural Organizations including a mega shipbuilding project involving nationalities from more than 20 countries.
LEARNING OUTCOMEAt the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define Cultural Intelligence in the project context.
- Describe the four capabilities of Cultural Intelligence.
- Determine the ROI for culturally intelligence project managers.
- Develop a culturally intelligent project team with comprehensive training and non-training interventions.
TOPIC WE WILL COVER
What is cultural intelligence?
- Definition of cultural intelligence?
- Discover the critical capabilities of culturally intelligent project leaders and members.
Review why cultural intelligence is a critical competency for today’s project team.
Describe four capabilities of cultural intelligence.
- CQ Drive: discover the potential.
- CQ Knowledge: review ten cultural value dimensions and determine how they influence behaviors.
- CQ Strategy: effectively strategize to navigate cultural complexity effectively.
CQ Action: learn how to adapt and learn to take sustainable right action in a multicultural organization climate.
What is the ROI of Culturally Intelligent Project Leaders?
- Mini case study of leadership impact and cultural intelligence in a multicultural project environment.
Let’s determine the benefit of the cultural intelligence project team
How to develop a culturally intelligent project team?
- Best practices of culturally intelligent project organization.
- Planning for developing a culturally intelligent project team.
- Effective execution of cultural intelligence development program.
- How to manage common challenges in cultural intelligence development programs.
PERSONAL ACTION PLAN
- How to translate lessons learned into sustainable practice.
- Organization culture to develop cultural intelligence.
METHODOLOGYThis workshop will be conducted in a highly interactive approach adopting adult learning principles. Relevant pre-training materials and pre-training self-assessment will enable participants to be better prepared for meaningful discussions. Relevant case studies and training videos from other experts will support the learning experience.
DATE AND TIME
- Pre-training materials: 17 October 2023 (email or LMS)
- Part 1: online workshop 24 October 2023, 1.30 – 5 pm (zoom)
- Part 2: offline workshop 31 October 2023, 1.30 – 5 pm (venue TBA)
- Part 1 only: Rp 1,900,000,-/pax
- Part 1 + 2: Rp 2,900,000,-/pax
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- CEO and BoD of corporations that undergo projects
- Project Sponsors, Project Manager, Project Member
- Those with some experience running or being involved in a project.
Yuk, daftar programnya!
Biaya kursus dapat dibayarkan melalui transfer ke rekening bank di bawah ini:PT. QUALITY RESOURCES
For more info:
Contact: Zaimah (+62) 896-3176-6060